What they are saying…
KB Amazon Reviewer http://www.themermaidinthegherkinjar.com/buy-book/uk/
A great read with a captivating and imaginative plot. Christopher’s journey towards understanding his disability was both moving and enlightening. The messages revealed throughout the plot will stay with me for a long time.
CP Daily Living http://cpdailyliving.com/
I finished reading The Mermaid in the Gherkin Jar and loved it. It’s a fun and imaginative read that offers wisdom, healing and disability education for everyone in the form of an imaginative story. I wish the author the best of success with this book and I look forward to seeing it begin to fill the gap in the special needs community. Rarely, does one find main characters with disabilities in books for kids.
Mark Mayer Chairman of Worster-Drought Syndrome Support Group http://www.markinsutton.com
This book is a must read for anyone. I don’t often read children’s books but this book instantly took me back to my childhood.
What a wonderful story of a young boy Christopher who has Cerebral Palsy. Realising he is ‘different’ to the other kids in his class, he seeks advice from a mermaid that he finds in his grandfathers Gherkin Jar. I don’t often read books from cover to cover without stopping but this was one book I just could not put down. A delightful gift for any child.
Mary Gillian Independent Writer's Studio http://independentwritersstudio.com/site/?p=1370
Tony Seymour’s delightful “The Mermaid in the Gherkin Jar” is a story for children with cerebral palsy and their parents. Read full testimonial…
Lovely written book which covers lots of issues sensitively and positively. The language and dialect of the characters evokes clear images and scenes which are both heart rending and heartwarming throughout the book.
I would highly recommend this book.
Get the book
Latest from the blog
- Disability in children’s books – book created by Motor Neurone Disease patient set to entertain, educate and raise money! June 10, 2020
- Top athlete Lauren Steadman blazes yet another trail as she survives gruelling Celebrity SAS 2020 May 28, 2020
- Disability in children’s books Part II – A race, a chase, an incredible journey! May 14, 2020
- Disability in children’s books revisited Part I – are disabled characters finally entering mainstream children’s literature? May 12, 2020
- Walking in the footsteps of Captain Tom – two inspirational youngsters from Yorkshire play their part in raising money during the COVID-19 crisis May 6, 2020
Praise for the book
"I finished reading 'The Mermaid in The Gherkin Jar' and loved it..."
CP Daily Living (USA)
"A great read with a captivating and imaginative plot..."
KB, Amazon Reviewer (UK)
"This book is a must-read for anyone... a delightful gift for any child."
Mark Mayer (UK)
"Any boy or girl will find a place in this new children's story."
Independent Writers' Studio (USA)