Racing hopeful, Nic Hamilton is one of a host of young people showing what it is like to live with a disability in the 21st Century. Welcome to my maiden blog post on this, my shiny new website! Over the coming weeks and months, I hope to convert this rather empty area of “web real estate” (yes that… Read more »
Get the book
Latest from the blog
- Disability in children’s books Part II – A race, a chase, an incredible journey! May 14, 2020
- Disability in children’s books revisited Part I – are disabled characters finally entering mainstream children’s literature? May 12, 2020
- Walking in the footsteps of Captain Tom – two inspirational youngsters from Yorkshire play their part in raising money during the COVID-19 crisis May 6, 2020
- Disability in lockdown – emancipation through technology or further isolation from society? April 30, 2020
- Lockdown literature – books to read during self isolation April 28, 2020
Praise for the book
"I finished reading 'The Mermaid in The Gherkin Jar' and loved it..."
CP Daily Living (USA)
"A great read with a captivating and imaginative plot..."
KB, Amazon Reviewer (UK)
"This book is a must-read for anyone... a delightful gift for any child."
Mark Mayer (UK)
"Any boy or girl will find a place in this new children's story."
Independent Writers' Studio (USA)